The Toyota Camry is one of the most desired cars in the world. However, it is a car with a subtle design and is a mid-sized sedan.
This car showcases some remarkable combination of cargo and passenger space, safety and reliability, and family-friendly features.
And if you are here reading this article, it means you are one of those riders who love to keep their wheels intact. This article is all about the brake pads that your Camry needs, so there is no need for the hassle. I have got you covered.
Here are some of the best brake pads for your Toyota Camry, solely designed to match Camry’s configurations.
- #1 Power Stop – K3053 Front Brake Kit with Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors and Z23 Evolution Ceramic Brake Pads | Editor’s Choice
- #2 Bosch – BC1293 QuietCast Premium Ceramic Disc Brake Pad Set | 2nd Runner Up
- #3 Power Stop – K1043 Front Brake Kit with Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors and Z23 Evolution Ceramic Brake Pads | 1st Runner Up
- #4 Detroit Axle – Front Drilled & Slotted Rotors + Brake Pads Replacement Set | Budget-Friendly
- #5 Akebono – ACT976 Brake Pad Set | High-End Pick
Let us closely look at the products mentioned above and see what these pads have to offer.
5 Top Best Toyota Camry Recommended Brake Pads Comparison
1. Power Stop – K3053 Front Brake Kit With Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors And Z23 Evolution Ceramic Brake Pads | Editor’s Choice
The Power Stop K3053 brake pads are formulated with metallic components that feature a more significant percentage of only steel and Z23 Evolution Sport pads. These pads have a firm grip on the rotors and produce high-quality friction that makes your Toyota Camry stop within a short stopping distance.
It is made to meet the braking requirements of the Toyota Camry and uses a Tru-Cast™ technology with balanced mill rotors. Features rounded slots that maintain a clear contact between pad to rotor and eradicates dust, gas, and water.
The PowerStop can resist rust on the rotors while operating, as the rotors are well slotted, drilled, and have a coat of silver and zinc. Every part of the pad is designed according to Camry’s elemental fit and natural operation.
Formulated with Carbon fiber infused ceramic for maximum braking efficiency and minimizes heating of the rotors, plus the rubber-coated shims confirm noise-free braking.
Ceramic pad compounds wear slowly and last much longer than the OEM equipment such as Power Stop K3053. And produce a negligible amount of dust compared to OEM factory brake pads.
Nevertheless, many customers complain about rust and dust in this kit, even in places with coating. Therefore, the rotors starting to wear is very important, and you should be cautious about it.
The friction may act as an abrasive and result in the scrapping of metals from the rotors, producing a squealing or screeching sound.
- Effective Cooling: Includes cross-drilled and slotted rotors for more effective and enhanced heat dissipation under heavy use.
- Anti-rust And Corrosion: The backplate is powder coated and capable of resisting rust and corrosion and extending the pad’s life.
- Easy Installation: Comes with stainless steel hardware kit for quick and easy installation.
- Longevity: The rotors have a zinc coating. Due to the zinc coating, there will be zero-to-no dust. Hence, the longevity of your brake is guaranteed.
- As the rotors have a zinc coating, the rotors do not get affected by rust or corrosion. So, longevity is guaranteed.
- Warranty: Manufacturer’s warranty of 3-year or 36,000 miles on the rotors and pads purchased.
- It offers only the front brake and rotors and provides no brake lubricants.
2. Bosch – BC1293 QuietCast Premium Ceramic Disc Brake Pad Set | 2nd Runner Up
If you are looking fo9r a brake for your Toyota Camry, no wonder the Bosch BC 1293 is one of the best picks. It is formulated with the finest materials for natural and elemental fit. In addition, a powder-coated backplate averts rust and corrosion and extends the pad and rotor life.
Toyota uses OEM parts in most of its vehicles, and Bosch is one of the most reputed automotive parts producers, uses OEM configurations. This makes the products of Bosch a major pick when it is about Toyota cars.
It showcases unimaginable stopping power over a short distance. Your brake pads will eventually wear out after a certain period of usage, or if you feel any discomfort, you should switch them right away.
Bosch BC 1293 can be a great alternative when planning to exchange with the brake pads that comes readily installed in your Toyota Camry. It is made with top-notch 100% copper-free formulation with Original Equipment fitting style and platform specified ceramic brakes.
The Bosch 1293 boasts rubber-coated shims and a steady grip between rubber and steel, which is probably the best automotive industry product.
1293 offers excellent power for stopping your car over a short distance and eliminating unwanted NVH. In addition, it boasts of its strength, corrosion resisting capabilities, and durability.
The Bosch BC1293 is an excellent brake pad for your Toyota Camry but not the ideal pick for Toyota users. The inner and outer pads are made differently as the outer ones come with ears.
As a result, it often misses the eye and can quickly damage both the rotor and the pad. However, if compared to Detroit Axle, drilled and slotted semi-metallic rotors and pads will undoubtedly meet your expectations.
In addition, the Detroit pad serves you with increased brake torque and a better brake feel, which the ceramic pads hugely fail.
- Direct-Fit: Ready to install, right out of the box.
- Sturdy: For extra strength and pad sturdiness, the pads are integrally molded.
- Grip And Operation: OE-style latex core shims assure the best grip and fittings between the rubber and steel, causing lower noise, improved strength, and corrosion resistance.
- Synthetic lubricant: Lubricant comes with an installation kit for quick and easy installation.
Formulation: 100% copper-free formulated brake pad for your Toyota Camry.
- Warranty: Manufacturers offer a warranty of 12 months.
- Installing it on your Camry can be very time-consuming.
3. Power Stop – K1043 Front Brake Kit With Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors And Z23 Evolution Ceramic Brake Pads | 1st Runner Up
The Power Stop K1043 brake pads are formulated with metallic components that feature a more significant percentage of only steel and Z23 Evolution Sport pads. These pads have a firm grip on the rotors and produce high-quality friction that makes your Toyota Camry stop within a short stopping distance.
Power Stop uses a Tru-Cast™ technology specifically to meet the braking system requirements of the Toyota Camry. It showcases all balanced mill rotors. Features curved slots that maintain intense contact between the pad to the rotor and exterminate dust, gas, and water.
The Power Stop features drilled and slotted rotors with a coat of silver and zinc that safeguards and resists the rust while operating. Every part of the pad is designed according to Camry’s elemental fit and natural operation.
Formulated with carbon fiber infused ceramic for maximum braking efficiency and minimizes heating of the rotors, plus the rubber-coated shims confirm noise-free braking.
In addition, it boasts of its beveled and precise drill holes that help keep the rotor’s temperatures down and dissipate heat during an extreme braking performance.
Ceramic pad compounds wear slowly and last much longer than the OEM equipment such as Power Stop K1043. And produce a negligible amount of dust compared to OEM factory brake pads such as the Detroit Axle.
In addition, the rotor runout is within 0.0015, and the DTV tolerance specification is within 0.005, which is very much acceptable for Toyota Camry.
On the other hand, you need to understand that your car’s rotors’ wearing is very natural and significant. But, for this product, the front pads do not fit well and can cause the metal to scrape off the rotor.
The friction area may act as a coarse material and result in the scrapping of metals from the rotors making it uneven, producing a squealing or screeching sound when the brakes are applied.
- Warranty: The manufacturers offer a warranty period of 3 years or on 36,000 miles.
- Heat Dissipation: The Power Stop brake pads are efficient in heat dissipation. It eliminates brake fading when the rotor reaches boiling temperature.
- Effective Cooling: It showcases slotted and cross-drilled, which are very effective in cooling under heavy usage.
- Superior Performance: The ceramic pads have infused carbon fiber which maximizes braking efficiency and performs well under extreme conditions.
- It comes in set for only rear brakes and rotors.
4. Detroit Axle – Front Drilled & Slotted Rotors + Brake Pads Replacement Set | Budget-Friendly
If you are out there in the market looking for brake pads for your Toyota Camry, you know the Detroit Axle manufactures top-notch brake pads for automobiles. You can rely on these slotted and drilled brake pads to improve your baking system.
The Detroit Axle set is introduced in two slotted and drilled rotors with two brake pads. It has a modern formulation that enhances your car’s braking system to the next level.
It has exceeded the Original Equipment-style fitting that fits without a glitch to your vehicle’s braking system. In addition, setting up these pads will undoubtedly minimize the NVH (Noise, Vibration, and Harshness) or any annoying sounds to nominal.
These pads are less compressible on the rotor discs and prevent uneven rotor wearing. These perform extraordinarily well in heavy use conditions. Toyota Camry prefers OEM fittings, so is the Detroit Axle designed to meet the OEM standard.
The Detroit Axle pads are way more upgraded than generic ceramic pads for enjoying the fantastic experience you have always expected from the braking system. The higher amount you invest in buying these brake pads is worth it and gives you better returns.
The Detroit Axle Ceramic brake pads are not based on any specific product line; however, these pads are most affordable. In addition, the rotors are the most cost-effective type of rotors available on the market.
However, it has few slots compared to other models; the ceramic friction area generates a considerable amount of heat and can severely damage the rotors. Compared to the Power Stop K3053, the Detroit Axle lacks heat dissipation capabilities and a weaker grip between the rotor and the brake pad.
- Complete Package: Comes with a set of four ceramic brake pads with two front rotor discs: one brake lubricant and brake pad cleaner.
- Warranty: The Detroit Axle comes with a whole package of braking kits and also provides a ten-year-long warranty.
- Produces annoying sound when braking at a lower speed.
5. Akebono – ACT976 Brake Pad Set | High-End Pick
To meet the demands of Toyota, Akebono manufactures OE-validated vehicle equipment to meet specific requirements of a car. So, as you are planning to switch the brake pads of your Toyota Camry, the Akebono ACT 976 is undoubtedly a great choice.
ACT 976 is a product of the popular PRO-ACT, which is upgraded than most conventional pads. With the ACT installed, you will experience smooth and consistent braking. Furthermore, the ceramic technology serves you a high resistance and ultra-low dust.
Act 976 is formulated with friction-optimized top-notch materials. Also, the Akebono 976 is primarily made for eradicating bothersome NVH.
Akebono ACT 976 is pretty platform and style-specific; also, the friction area is precisely made according to Camry’s breaking slots. As a result, these pads not only fit without a glitch over the spaces but also provides a terrific braking experience and driveability. That’s exactly what your Toyota Camry needs.
While the Akebono ACT 976 serves a good performance, this brake pad has some drawbacks; like every other OEM configured pad, it produces a bit more dust and has a weaker bite.
Furthermore, these ceramic pads generally take a very long to get all heated up, so these are definitely not suitable brake pads if you happen to live in a colder environment.
Through the article, it is evident that the Power Stop K3053 is superior to ACT 976.
- Performance: Stopping power like Original Equipment for quality and confident control.
- Longevity: OE powder coat makes it super durable and extends pad life.
- Shims And Slots: Great control over the NVH. The Original Equipment style shim material improves noise reduction.
- Low Fade: Pro-ACT pads formulation is pretty “rotor friendly” and prevents rotor wear under heavy use and annoying brake pulsation when applied.
- Warranty: Akebono ACT 976 offers a year-long warranty on its brake pads.
- It comes with no clips and guide pins and takes pretty long to install. It comes in a set of two rear wheels.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Check If My Camry’s Pads Are Damaged?
Pay attention; if you see any of these symptoms, the time has finally come to get them replaced.
- Listen To The Brakes: If the pads are damaged, they are more likely to make annoying noise of metal scraping and squealing sound.
- Inspect Your Wheels: A perfect wheel will significantly accumulate more dust than a damaged one. If you believe your pads are damaged, check the dust. If damaged, there will be less or no dust.
- Pedal And Steering Feel: If your brake pads are damaged, you will have a shaking sensation of the steering wheel and the pad while you apply the brakes.
Can I Install New Pads On Long-Establish Rotor Discs?
Yes, you can. Brake components generally wear at different rates, which means your brake pads will be the first brake component that will need replacement before the rotors.
Keep in mind that if your brake pads are damaged, you should change them immediately because, after the pads, the rotors will be degraded and damaged much faster. If you replace your pads immediately after being damaged, you can install new pads on the previous rotors.
How Long Does A Toyota Camry Brake Pad Last?
The Toyota Camry brake pads can efficiently serve you with coverage between 30,000 – 70,000 miles. However, it entirely depends on your driving. If you use the brake quite often, you will need frequent inspections.
Is There A Way To Make My Camry Pads Last Longer?
Yes, there is a way. Here are quite a few things that you need to keep in mind to make your pads last longer below:
- Do not apply the brakes at higher speed, and it ruins the brake pads. (drive safely and responsibly).
- Do not put your foot on and off the brakes constantly.
- Always keep a good and safe distance from other vehicles; you need to avoid braking all of a sudden on the road.
My Top Pick And Why?
After a detailed study, I have picked the Power Stop–K3053 Brake Pad And Rotors Kit as my top pick.
The K3053 can eradicate annoying noises and dust and has an effective cooling system under heavy use. It is formulated with steel and carbon fiber infused high-quality ceramic that your Camry needs.
It showcases silver-zinc plated drilled and slotted rotors that shield and resists rust while operating. The backplate is powder-coated that prevents corrosion, and extends the life and usability of the pad. And it comes with a handy installation kit that assures quick and easy installation.
There are several automotive industries, and they produce brake pads in millions and billions. And each vehicle needs a specific type of rotor and friction material.
Before you select a pad and invest in it, it is crucial to figure out the ideal brake pad or model that will help you enhance your car’s brakes. To help you out, I have shortlisted the five best brake pads for your Toyota Camry and shared vital information that guides you through the selection process.
All the brands mentioned above guarantee superior performance and legit budget-friendly. Choose any one of these brake pads, and you will observe that the pads enhance the brakes and improve your Camry’s performance.
My name is James. Call me your ‘Born Auto Neighbor.’ I am an auto savvy with a burning enthusiasm to help vehicle owners, auto technicians, DIYer auto caregivers, and drivers like you have a seamless time with your vehicles. Do you own or work on a Dodge Convertible, a Chevy Crossover, a Ford SUV, a Toyota Hatchback, a Honda Coupe, a Datsun MPV, or a Mercedes Sedan? I have enough automotive content to help your auto service and repair on the go.
I have been around for more than a decade, examining and analyzing car issues while proffering practical fixes that will help you spend less time and money. I take auto care, service, and maintenance very seriously and my tested experience in the industry means that you can always get the best auto tips and tricks.
Don’t fall for the auto myths; take the facts as I give them out freely.
Find out more about me here.