Heavy vehicles like Jeep Wrangler JK require reliable and strong brake pads to stop when needed.
But the question is, which type of brake pads should be your choice? You should pick the best brake pads for Jeep Wrangler JK, which is packed with useful features.
For starters, brake pads should be made using high-quality materials and must be fade-resistant. Additionally, it should not accommodate dust, must be durable, and can be easily installed.
Replacing current brake pads of your vehicle with the best ones means better control and limited visits to mechanics.
This article will help you learn the following, read on to know more:
- Top 5 brake pads for your Jeep Wrangler JK
- What to consider when buying a braking pad for Jeep Wrangler JK?
Here are some of the top braking pads available in the market for your Jeep Wrangler JK.
- #1 Power Stop K2798 Front & Rear Brake Kit With Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors and Z23 Evolution Ceramic Brake Pads | Best High-End
- #2 Bosch BP477 QuietCast Premium Semi-Metallic Disc Brake Pad Set | Best Budget Pick
- #3 Power Stop K2152 Front Z23 Carbon Fiber Brake Pads With Drilled & Slotted Brake Rotors Kit | Top Pick
- #4 Jeep Wrangler JK R1 Concepts Front Rear Silver Zinc Cross-Drilled Slotted Brake Rotors Kit + Ceramic Brake Pads | Best Application Specific
- #5 Power Stop K2798-36 Z36 Truck & Tow Front And Rear Brake Kit | Best Performance
5 Top Best Jeep Wrangler JK Replacement Brake Pads Comparison
1. Best High-End: Power Stop K2798 Front & Rear Brake Kit With Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors And Z23 Evolution Ceramic Brake Pads
To stop or slow the vehicle smoothly, you need brake pads that offer the best performance and responsiveness, like this fantastic brake pad from Power Stop. It comes with an innovative design and is not made of regular ceramic material.
Looking at the drawback of this product, you will be disheartened to know that it is not fade-resistant. Another setback of this product is its high price. However, despite these limitations, this Power Stop product comes with some amazing features.
On the upside, with the Power Stop K2798 Front & Back Brake Kit, you will like its carbon-fiber ceramic material. This excellent material helps the brake pad to offer better performance all the time.
Additionally, it also does not accumulate dust. It shows 30% less dust than OE. Along with this, it produces less noise while stopping the vehicle.
The lifespan of the Power Stop brakes is generally 36,000 miles. However, with regular maintenance, it can be exceeded up to 70,000 miles.
The Power Stop K2798 Front & Back Brake Kit is compatible with 2007 Jeep Wrangler, 2008 Jeep Wrangler, 2009 Jeep Wrangler, 2010 Jeep Wrangler, 2011 Jeep Wrangler, 2012 Jeep Wrangler, 2013 Jeep Wrangler, 2014 Jeep Wrangler, 2015 Jeep Wrangler, 2016 Jeep Wrangler, 2017 Jeep Wrangler, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK.
If you want to upgrade the brake with the best high-end brake pads, choose none other than Power Stop K2798 Front & Back Brake Kit.
- Noise-free: This incredible brake pad from the house of Power Stop comes with a unique feature, i.e., two-layer of high-temperature shims. This helps it produce minimum noise when stopping the vehicle.
- Smooth Braking: The rotors of this brake pad are Zinc plated, which keeps it in good shape for a long time. Also, rust-free rotors offer better performance and come with fast cooling technology.
- Ease Of Installation: Unlike other brake pads, this one can be easily installed in the Jeep Wrangler JK with minimal tools and machines.
- The brake pads start fading shortly.
- It is a bit expensive.
2. Best Budget Pick: Bosch BP477 Quietcast Premium Semi-Metallic Disc Brake Pad Set
If you are looking for affordable brake pads packed with valuable features, the Bosch BP477 should be your pick. This budget-friendly product is durable and is made of the best quality materials.
The downside of this product is its lack of compatibility with different Jeeps. So, before getting your hands on this brake pad, check for compatibility. Also, it needs extra lubricant. Despite these limitations, the Bosch BP477 is a good choice as it has impressive features.
To begin with, this product is made of semi-metallic and NAO ceramic formulas. This thing keeps the braking system smooth and offers you complete control over your vehicle.
This brake pad works in the desired way and does not accumulate dust. In addition, it is durable and does not produce noise when stopping or slowing down the vehicle.
The lifespan of the Bosch BP477 is around 30,000 miles to 75,000 miles. But it can last more than that if the vehicle is regularly maintained.
The Bosch BP477 is compatible with 1990-01 Cherokee, 1990-92 Comanche, 1993-98 Grand Cherokee, 1993 Grand Wagoneer, 1997-06 TJ, 1990 Wagoneer, 1990-06 Wrangler.
Get the Bosch BP477 and upgrade the brake pads to a better version without breaking the bank.
- Longer Life: The rotors and pads of this product come with a protective transfer layer. This thing makes rotors and pads anti-rust in nature and provides them a longer life.
- Quite Braking: Another advantage of this product is its quiet braking feature. The Bosch BP477 comes with two layers of shims padded with rubber. This feature helps the brake pads to produce less noise.
- Easy Installation: For installing the brake pads, all you need to do is understand the instructions and follow each step perfectly.
- Advanced Ceramic Friction Formula: The brake pads come with advanced aerospace alloy. It is used in a semi-metallic and copper-free ceramic friction formula.
- It is not compatible with all Jeeps.
- It needs extra lubricant to work in the right way.
3. My Top Pick: Power Stop K2152 Front Z23 Carbon Fiber Brake Pads With Drilled & Slotted Brake Rotors Kit
The Power Stop K2152 is one of the few brake pads designed with Carbon Ceramic Fiber to control the vehicle better. This material also makes the brake pads durable in quality and better in performance.
Expensive brake pads are never an ideal choice. And this is the case with the Power Stop K2152. Its not-so-affordable price might be a disappointment for some. However, this brake pad is loaded with some great features, which makes it a good option.
Designed with high-quality material, this brake pad is perfect in every way. In addition, it is equipped with a long-lasting cooling technique for easily slowing down and stopping vehicles.
It does not accumulate too much dust while slowing down the vehicle. Also, it shows around 30% less dust than OE. Additionally, the rotors also have Zinc-plating, which keeps them in good shape for a long time.
The lifespan of the Power Stop K2152 is generally 36,000 miles. But with regular maintenance, it can be exceeded up to 70,000 miles. In addition, this brake pad is compatible with different trucks, SUVs, and cars.
Don’t just stop but Power Stop with these innovative Power Stop K2152 brake pads!
- Dust-free: Nothing irritates us more than nasty brake dust. But luckily, the Power Stop K2152 comes with a dust-free formula that does not accumulate dust while slowing down or stopping the vehicle.
- Noise-free: One thing that makes this brake pad a better choice is its noise-free feature. It has two layers of shims that are padded with rubber. This feature eliminates noise produced while slowing down the vehicle.
- Stopping Power: This exclusive Carbon-Fiber Ceramic formula perfectly stops the vehicle without compromising its durability.
- Drilled: The rotors of this brake pad come with strategically drilled holes. These holes help in bringing down the temperature. This further keeps the brake pad components in good condition.
- It is a bit expensive.
- Also, it only works on front-end brakes.
4. Best Application Specific: Jeep Wrangler JK R1 Concepts Front Rear Silver Zinc Cross-Drilled Slotted Brake Rotors Kit + Ceramic Brake Pads
The JK Wrangler R1 Front and Rear Brake Kit are designed using high-quality materials. This material offers impressive stopping power to the brake pads. Not to mention, the state-of-art design of this brake pad makes it last longer.
Looking at the downside of this product, you will be disheartened that it only includes one set of pads. Also, it is pretty expensive. But keeping aside these two drawbacks, the JK Wrangler R1 Front and Rear Brake Kit is appealing.
Its durability is one alluring merit we want you to consider. Its brake pads are also made of ceramic. Additionally, its rotors are diamond coated, which keeps it protected from rust.
The enhanced rotor shape improves its stopping power, giving you the right control over your vehicle. Furthermore, you can easily spot wear and tear.
The lifespan of the JK Wrangler R1 Front and Rear Brake Kit is usually between 30,000 miles to 70,000 miles. But it also lifespan depends on the way you drive.
This brake pad is compatible with all the Jeep Wrangler models that are designed between 2007 to 2018.
So, get your hands on this exclusive brake pad to enjoy the best performance in all weather conditions.
- Fast Stopping: This unique brake pad comes with fast stopping technique, which keeps you safe each time you slow down to stop your vehicle.
- Drilled: The rotors have a diamond coat on them that does not let them get rusted. Besides this, rotors also come with pre-drilled holes at strategic places for cooling down the temperature.
- Slotted And Blank: Along with having strategic drills, the rotors also have slots for quickly removing road debris and extending the life of brake pads. The rotors are also blank to offer better performance.
- Easy Installation: When installing the JK Wrangler R1 Front and Rear Brake Kit, you don’t need complicated tools and machines. The brake pads can be easily installed.
- Strength: The JK Wrangler R1 Front and Rear Brake Kit is designed using the best quality materials to last for a long time.
- It is a bit expensive.
- It includes one set of pads and is only compatible with models between 2007 to 2018.
5. Best Performance: JK Wrangler R1 Front And Rear Brake Kit
Do you want to upgrade the current brake pads of your vehicle with the best performance one? If so, the JK Wrangler R1 Front and Rear Brake Kit should be your pick.
When it comes to flaws in this product, one thing that might disappoint you is its high price. Besides the high price, some of the parts of this brake pad also don’t fit well. But leaving aside these drawbacks, this one is an excellent choice.
The JK Wrangler R1 Front and Rear Brake Kit are packed with exciting features. To begin with, it is made of proprietary carbon-fiber ceramic material, which makes it strong.
This excellent material also helps you stop or slow down the vehicle easily and quickly. Additionally, the brakes are designed to produce no sound while stopping. Moreover, the brakes produce 30% less dust while stopping as compared to the OE.
Furthermore, the Zinc-plated rotor protects the brakes from getting rusted.
When it comes to the JK Wrangler R1 Front and Rear Brake Kit, its lifespan ranges between 30,000 miles to 70,000 miles. However, the lifespan depends on the way you drive.
This brake pad is compatible with Jeep Wrangler 2017-2007 and Wrangler JK 2018.
If you want to experience dust-free and uninterrupted braking all the time, choose none other than the JK Wrangler R1 Front and Rear Brake Kit.
- Noise-free: The shims of this brake pad are made of the best quality stainless steel. This thing makes the brake produce no sound when stopping or slowing the vehicle. The great quality shims also enhance the braking system’s performance.
- Stopping Power: As the brake pads are made using a proprietary carbon-fiber ceramic material, it offers better stopping power. Meaning, you can smoothly stop the vehicle without compromising with the performance.
- Easy Installation: After purchasing the JK Wrangler R1 Front and Rear Brake Kit, all you have to do is follow the manual and quickly install the brake pads.
- Some parts do not fit well.
- Also, it is a little costly.
Buying Guide – What To Consider When Buying A Brake Pad?
The brake pads for your Jeep Wrangler JK should depend on a few factors. Like the weather, the condition in which you drive, and driving skills.
Thus, to help you buy the best quality brake pads that offer great performance, I have listed some features.
The overall efficiency and durability of brake pads are based upon the material used to design them. Therefore, you should always check the material.
Materials are generally of two types, i.e., semi-metallic pad and ceramic brake pad. The semi-metallic brake pads are made using essential metals like copper and steel. This metallic brake pad is mostly used for heavy-duty automobiles.
On the flip side, ceramic brake pads can bear high temperatures and combine copper fibers.
Since the rotor is an integral part of brake pads, you must consider its composition and built. For example, to balance out the temperature, rotors need holes. Also, any kind of coating on the rotor makes it even more strong and durable.
Coatings like diamond coating on rotors are proven to keep away heat, dust, dirt, and rust.
If you want to smoothly and silently stop your vehicle, you can’t overlook shims. This small element in brake pads reduces noise and vibration.
The shims of the brake pads should have at least two layers and must be made of rubber.
No matter how excellent brake pads are, if it’s not compatible with your vehicle, do not purchase it. After all, it won’t offer the best result.
So, what you should do is always check the compatibility chart of brake pads to know whether or not they will fit in your Jeep Wrangler JK.
Another essential factor to consider when buying brake pads is durability. If the brake pad is not durable, you might have to get it changed now and then. But if you don’t want to do it, always look for a durable brake pad.
The durability mostly depends on the resistance to corrosion, heat transfer level, and rust resistance. If the brake pad has these qualities, that means it is durable.
Investing in branded brake pads means you are investing for your safety. Branded brake pads always develop a sense of trust and reliability in the product. You can choose brake pads of either Mopar, Bosch, R1 Concepts, Power Stop, or Akebono.
Numerous things need to be considered when buying brake pads. But I assume that this article might have cleared some of your confusion and answered your questions.
Of course, the brake pads suggested here are of the best qualities. But if you are looking for something else, simply follow the buying guard to get your hands on the right product.
Regardless of your requirements, you should always try to find brake pads that fit your budget. So, keeping in mind the essential features and buy suitable brake pads to get the safest driving experience.
My name is James. Call me your ‘Born Auto Neighbor.’ I am an auto savvy with a burning enthusiasm to help vehicle owners, auto technicians, DIYer auto caregivers, and drivers like you have a seamless time with your vehicles. Do you own or work on a Dodge Convertible, a Chevy Crossover, a Ford SUV, a Toyota Hatchback, a Honda Coupe, a Datsun MPV, or a Mercedes Sedan? I have enough automotive content to help your auto service and repair on the go.
I have been around for more than a decade, examining and analyzing car issues while proffering practical fixes that will help you spend less time and money. I take auto care, service, and maintenance very seriously and my tested experience in the industry means that you can always get the best auto tips and tricks.
Don’t fall for the auto myths; take the facts as I give them out freely.
Find out more about me here.