Do you happen to own a Honda Accord and looking forward to replacing your pre-installed stock pads and rotors but can’t decide which one to buy? Do not worry; I have got you covered.
This article’s purpose is to help drivers like you get the best brake pad for your car. If you own a car, you understand the crucial need to have a proper braking system in a vehicle.
Here is a list of our best five brake pads for your Honda Accord. Below, we have discussed and shared vital information about each brake pad and kit mentioned in the list.
- Power Stop K1047 Front And Rear Z23 Carbon Fiber Brake Pads
- Bosch Automotive BP537 QuietCast Premium Disc Brake Pad Set
- Akebono ACT537 ProAct Ultra-Premium Ceramic Disc Brake Pad kit
- Power Stop K2742 Front And Rear Z23 Carbon Fiber Brake Pads
- R1 Concepts Front Rear Silver Zinc Cross-Drilled Slotted Brake Pads And Kit
Reviews On 5 Top Best Brake Pads For Honda Accord
These brake pads from Power Stop are formulated with carbon ceramics that give your Honda Accord a better braking ability than traditional ceramics. In addition, due to its unique engineering (slotted and drilled), it can function efficiently no matter the weather conditions.
In addition, the ceramic fibers are lighter compared to traditional cast-iron that results in reducing your car’s ‘unsprung weight’ and improving your car’s driveability.
According to Original Equipment, the Power Stop pads and rotors are engineered to replace the original stock parts and restore noise-free and dust-free braking. Not only that, but these are also warp-resistant.
The rotors from Power Stop are layered with zinc dichromate to maximize the protection against corrosion and rust. And to provide the construction with great support, the rotors are reinforced with carbon fibers. As a result, the slotted and drilled rotors are efficient when it comes to heat reduction.
This product is a great pick, especially for Honda Accord, formulated with quality materials. However, these pads are compatible with some models. Unfortunately, you cannot install these pads and rotors to Honda Accord, released in 2006 and 2008.
- Efficient Cooling: The drilled holes on the rotors promote efficient cooing of the rotor when functioning under high temperatures. In addition, the holes allow maximum air circulation that helps in keeping the rotor cool.
- Slots: The precise slots on the disk helps in terminating debris and helps in maintaining a constant patch for smooth and easy braking.
- Installation Kit: The package comes with an installation kit and lubricant.
- It requires professional installation.
- A great choice but these may not fit well with every Accord model.
It is not usual to see Bosch components installed in the vehicles you get to see on the road. However, Bosch is one of the leading companies that produce the best automotive parts. Bosch has a 70-year master skill in manufacturing OE brake with Quiet-Cast Premium Disc Brake Pads that showcase brilliant build value. It also features full fitting coverage to the models of Domestic and International vehicles.
Bosch is primarily known for its precise build quality, outstanding performance, and ECS and Antilock brake systems.
The Bosch BP537 is very platform-specific, engineered with platform-specific formula according to Copper-Free legislation, 2025. The pads showcase OE style latex core that sets perfectly and maintains a constant patch between the disk and pads.
The Bosch BP537 pads serve your car in a more fantastic functioning range and come with a reinforced layer that protects it and extends the overall life of the pad.
Furthermore, it features molded shim that provides the vehicle with the best braking stability and reduces unnecessary noise. These pads are pretty compatible with Honda Accord.
Despite being compatible with the Honda Accord, these pads may produce a squeak and other disturbing noises if the clips are not appropriately installed or without professional assistance. Also, these pads are not made to fit every model of the Honda Accord.
- Warranty: Serves you with a warranty period of 12 months on all its product. If you are a starter or an alternator, you will receive a total warranty period of 24 months.
- Performance: The latex core maintains solid contact with the pad, and the pads have an integral mold that assures stability and noise-free braking performance.
- Fittings: Engineered to fit like the original stock materials.
- It may have a comparatively short lifespan.
- If you do not check its compatibility, it may produce squeaking sounds after installation.
This company ethically follows the standard of OE to fulfill the braking and other needs of your vehicle. Installing OE fit components ensures smooth functioning of the brakes and also increases driveability. So, replacing your worn pads with Akebono won’t be the wrong choice after all.
The 537ACT is another product from the Pro-ACT series. The products of this series are way better compared to regular pads available in the market. It is formulated with the best quality ceramic, giving your car an increased resistance and zero to no dust.
Act 537’s design is constructed using favorable friction-optimized high-quality materials. In addition, the Akebono 537 has greater efficiency in terminating unwanted noise, harshness, and vibrations.
Due to Akebono’s application-oriented fittings, it will easily fit into your Accord’s breaking slots. In addition, the brake pads have good compatibility with aluminum discs and can easily wipe away the dust.
As a result, these pads give your Accord a more excellent driving condition and tremendous braking power.
No wonder the Akebono ACT537 is an excellent pick for your Honda Accord. It has good braking efficiency, much more upgraded than regular pads. But these are for your car’s rear set of wheels, and not only that, but these are also not compatible with Accord’s every model year like 2007 and 2008.
Therefore, before buying, you need to check its compatibility.
- Quiet Operation: Ceramic pads are a great choice as these eliminate unnecessary sounds and vibrations.
- Reliable: These are the pads on you which you can rely on. We may encounter a situation when you have to apply the brake immediately, and these brake pads are the ones you can trust.
- Easy installation is pretty easy to install, and you can do it yourself if you have some tech knowledge or ask for professional assistance.
- Not a good pick for colder weather conditions as they take a long time to get heated.
- It has a feebler grip or bites.
These Power Stop brake pads are framed using carbon ceramics that provide your Honda Accord an improved braking capability than regular ceramics. In addition, due to its distinctive engineering (slotted and drilled), it can function proficiently no matter the climate conditions.
Furthermore, the brake pads made using ceramic fibers are lighter if compared to customary cast-iron, reducing your vehicle’s ‘unsprung mass’ and improving your car’s driveability.
The Power Stop pads and rotor discs are engineered rendering to Original Equipment to replace the original standard parts and restore noise-free and dust-free braking. Not only that, but these are also immune to warping.
The Power Stop rotors are coated with zinc dichromate to maximize the guard against corrosion and rust. In addition, to offer the structure with boundless support, the rotors are reinforced using carbon fibers. As a result, the slotted and drilled rotors are efficient when it comes to heat reduction.
This product is a great pick, especially for your Honda Accord, formulated by quality resources. However, these pads are compatible with some models. Unluckily, you will not be able to install these pads and rotors to Honda Accord, released in 2006 and 2008.
- Efficient Cooling: The bored holes on the rotors support efficient cooling of the disc while operating in high temperatures. The holes permit maximum airflow that helps to keep the rotor cool.
- Slots: The precise slots on the disk helps in terminating debris and helps in maintaining a constant patch for smooth and easy braking.
- Installation Kit: The package comes with lubricant and with all other installation tools.
- Requires professional assistance when installing.
- A good choice but not compatible with every model year.
Today, ceramic or carbon fiber formulated brake pads are gaining popularity because of their excellent capability to reduce or minimize squeaky noises. These noises are produced when you have a malfunctioning braking system.
But, this product right here comes in a set of eight pads and four-rotor discs, giving the entire kit and tools that your Honda Accord needs. The R1 Concept’s E-line brake pads are made after doing a lot of research. These pads are highly compatible with the Honda Accord models released from 2013 to 2017.
It features diamond-cut slots that have a more significant and enhanced grip on the rubber brake pads. Installing this improves not only your car’s braking power but also increases your driveability. In addition, brake pads like the E-line series will never compromise your safety.
The precisely drilled holes and slots on rotors promote maximum air circulation and evenly distribute the induced heat. The advantage of distributing the heat is when the heat is distributed, there is less wearing, and when there is minor wearing, it extends the life of the pad and the discs.
These pads are better than the original stock installed parts and these pads showcase an incredible stopping power. Also, the pads are adjusted in such a manner that they can reduce the heat. The heating of the pad results in cracks and damages, so when the heat is channeled out, the fissures and cracks are well-insulated.
Despite being a quality product and reliable, some kits come with defects. These defective kits can cause produce NVH, and these tend to wear a bit faster.
You can install it on your Honda Accord models released from 2013 – 2017.
- Installation: High-quality brake pads do not always require professional assistance; you can do it too. It’s effortless to install these pads.
- Fittings: As these pads are drilled and precisely slotted, the pads fit easily and have maintained a consistent patch.
- Quality: Quality is never compromised.
- Performance & Longevity: The pads have greater efficiency in braking, improves driveability and dynamics. Also, it has a proper air circulation that cools the heated rotors and pads, which extends the usability period of the pad.
- No hardware.
- These pads are only compatible with the rotors of 292mm.
Buying Guide – What To Consider When Buying Brake Pads For Honda Accord
Honda Accord is a unique mid-sized vehicle. It is roomy, has sheer comfortability, and showcases a modern interior.
It has responsive handling and a firm suspension. Now, if you are looking for a brake pad to replace with your pre-installed stock parts, there are few things for you to know and understand.
There are zillions of brake pads that would be recommended for your car, but you need to if those are compatible enough. So let me break it down for you.
1. Model Year Of The Vehicle
Ever wondered why the model year of your vehicle matters so much? Here is why the replacement rotors and pad kits for your Honda Accord are engineered to meet the requirements of a particular year.
Each set of brake pads has compatibility with some models. So before buying one, you need to know which brake pad is compatible with the car model you own. After you find the specific year, you can now check for brake pads for your car.
2. Easy Installation
Many automobile enthusiasts prefer to install the purchased brake pad and kits themselves. Therefore, always choose a piece of braking equipment that is easy to install.
Having a braking kit that is challenging to install or requires assistance can create problems.
Also, make sure you buy the one kit that comes with installation tools, lubricants, and other essentials. Check carefully. If the selected package does not come with installation kits, ensure you get them before installing them.
3. Check And Order The Correct Kit
The front and rear brake pads of the Honda Accord are different in their size. Therefore, when ordering, make sure you know the specific model number for your vehicle’s front and rear brake pads.
4. Price And Material
Before you set yourself for some product checking, make sure you decide your budget. Having a budget helps you to pick the right product. Also, it helps to check what product you are buying and the quality of it.
There are mainly three types of material used in automotive engineering parts the brake pads are rotors. Do not pick the organic, instead choose the ceramic ones. These work smoothly on the roads and enhance driveability.
5. Do Not Wait On Installation
Right after your ordered product or kit arrives, do not think of installing it later. If you wait on your installation, you might miss the replacement policy.
What if you find that the pads are not of the right kind and are not compatible with your car? To avoid these problems, do not wait for installing.
Get it installed right after it arrives.
My Top Pick And Why?
I have the R1 Concepts Front Rear Silver Zinc Cross-Drilled Slotted Brake Pads And Kit as our best pick. The products mentioned above are good, but this kit is quite impressive than the others.
To begin with, this kit comes with eight pads and four-rotor discs. Pretty basic to install. However, you can ask for professional assistance as you please. Installing these will not enhance your Accord’s brakes but will also strengthen the driveability and security of your car.
The slotted and drilled discs promote maximum air circulation, last longer, and are very quiet in operation. Therefore, you may pitch in to buy this product.
In this article, I have mentioned the five best brake pads suitable for Honda Accord. Accord requires brake pads which are specifically made according to its configurations. Now, different model years have different configurations.
In this article, I have shared some information on how to buy the best brake pad for your vehicle and the brake pads that have compatibility with your car’s braking slots.
I hope that this particular article answers all your questions regarding the brake pads of your car. You may check our top pick, it will not be a wrong choice, and it is superior to other brake pads mentioned above.
Get your brake pads now. Good Luck!